No, I didn’t come up with this idea on my own. Family Fun had an article in their magazine, which was given to me by a dear friend for an Earth Scouts activity. The great thing is that most kids love anything with marshmallows and chocolate. I felt a little bad about not having organic components for our s’mores, but pocketbooks are what they are.
Good to Know:
- It takes over an hour to bake if the sun’s not at its hottest. The chocolate melts pretty quickly, considering it was 90 degress, but marshmallows take a while.
- We fit three s’mores in our small-sized pizza box ovens.
- We reused some deli meat tray lids for the plastic tops, and when cut right, they fit as snugly as possible and didn’t really need glue.
- Take pictures! My regret is that I was too tired after an all-around busy day to take photos.
- Have clean-up items handy. Melted chocolate = big messes.