After posting about the treeless paper last week and receiving an inquiry about whether I used recylced/hemp paper for my cards, I decided to do a little searching.
Hopefully these links will help you out, too, in case you go looking for environmentally friendly paper for your craft-making. Of course, I still contend that the best way to do it is to make our own at home, but no one is going to condemn us for making it a little easy on ourselves . . . not this time, anyway!
- Treecycle Recycled Paper — stationary listings from more than one source, so several options available
- Paper and More! — recycled cardstock at reasonable price; a comment on another message board said the user was pleased with the samples received
- Rawganique.com — Hemp paper products, journals, etc.
- Neenah Paper — Environment line has cardstock (cover weight) in several colors
- The PaperMill Store — good definitions about various certifications/terminology
Hopefully this gives you a good start. Thanks to some folks at Etsy who also made the suggesions.